You must have went through the internet twice, checking the millionth pages of Google, for a good quality vector tutorial. I checked four times. Now, I will share the tutorials that are the coolest.
1. http://vectips.com/tutorials/create-a-editable-stitched-label-type-treatment/ – The stitch effect in vector.
2. http://vectips.com/tutorials/turn-any-font-into-a-sketch-font/ – The sketchy look, without a font.
3. http://vectips.com/tutorials/create-a-cute-creature-character-from-a-sketch/ – An intro to tracing/inking your sketches in Illustrator.
4. http://vectips.com/tutorials/create-a-google-phone-styled-background-in-6-easy-steps/ – Google Phone styled background. Believe me, it’s easier than it seems.
5. http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-create-a-steel-wristwatch-in-corel-draw/ – A very cool steel wristwatch tutorial. Using Corel Draw, but you can probably convert the steps into Illustrator or Inkscape vocabulary if you’re an experienced user.
6. http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/icon-design/use-inkscape-to-create-a-grunge-rss-box-icon/ – Since I haven’t featured many Inkscape or free software tutorials in this post, here is one. This is a pretty good icon tutorial.
7. http://tucson-labs.com/articles/sarburst-background-with-inkscape/ – the star-burst background explained.
8. http://abduzeedo.com/retro-geometric-vectors-space-illustrator-and-photoshop – Retro art has always pleased me, so I posted this tutorial by Abduzeedo in this post also.
9. http://vectips.com/tutorials/create-a-grisly-zombie-illustration-with-a-pen-tablet/ – Zombie illustration that popped into my eyes.
10. http://abduzeedo.com/melting-girl-photoshop – I know that this isn’t vector, but it was very cool. You will regret if you don’t click on the link, O’ fellow designer.
If you found any neat tutorials that you want the Crappy Designer (me) to publish in my blog, please feel free to e-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.